The City Clerk serves as the link between City Council, Mayor and citizens.
The office of City Clerk for the City of Stanwood provides clerical, record keeping and administrative functions to the City Council. In addition, this individual performs many tasks that assist in guiding and managing the operation of local government policy and law. Below are just a few of the responsibilities of the City of Stanwood City Clerk.
- Grants parade permits
- Grants street closures
- Manages requests to speak to Council
- Collects information and prepares Council agendas and other information for Council
- Collects, organizes, and maintains records
- Records and submits City Council meeting minutes
- Maintains and enforces City Ordinances
- Process utility payments and new resident requests